Prime Day isn’t just big for Amazon. Use this major summer shopping moment to drive sales for your brand.
Amazon announced their annual 48-hour Prime Day event will take place on July 12-13 this year. And it won’t be the only one in 2022, as they’re planning a “Prime Fall” event in Q4.
Many consumers look forward to this unofficial summer holiday to shop great deals, kick off back-to-school shopping, and more. This year, 32% will take advantage of the deals to get an early start on their holiday shopping.
But consumers won’t just be shopping on Amazon. They’ll be looking for deals from other brands, too. Make the most of this big summer shopping event by driving traffic to your brand’s Amazon page (if you have one), promoting deals to subscribers, offering free shipping, and more.
Keep reading to explore some examples of successful SMS strategies that other brands sent during Prime Day, and use these as inspiration to maximize revenue for your brand this July.
Terez: Spreading joy with a 20% off discount
Lifestyle brand Terez texted subscribers on the second day of Amazon’s Prime Day event with a discount code for 20% off their orders. It was only available through 10pm ET that day, so it encouraged subscribers to shop before it was too late.
This limited-time offer mirrored the “lightning deals” that consumers expected from Amazon’s shopping event, and enticed shoppers in the money-saving mindset to take advantage of the discount.
Thread Wallets: Driving traffic to their Amazon page
Lifestyle and accessories brand Thread Wallets capitalized on consumer demand and excitement around Prime Day by texting subscribers about their special offers. They let them know that they would “save BIG” by purchasing Thread Wallets on Amazon (instead of driving traffic to their own website).
While this approach may seem counterintuitive at first—since you’re likely more focused on your own site traffic—it’s a smart strategy for brands who have a presence on Amazon. Shoppers will already be browsing Amazon, and are expecting the fast one- to two-day shipping experience they’ve come to love.
Function of Beauty: Giving subscribers “prime” treatment
Personalized hair, body, and skincare brand Function of Beauty knew they’d need to offer something special to their audience to stand out on Amazon Prime Day. They took a playful approach in their text message, giving a nod to the shopping event (“you deserve PRIME treatment”).
To compete with Amazon’s offers during the annual Prime Day, Function of Beauty launched their own multi-day sale, lasting three days, where shoppers would receive 20% off their entire order. And, by promoting this sale via text messaging, Function of Beauty knew their shoppers would see this message almost immediately—driving more website traffic and revenue for the brand.
Tips for other upcoming summer holidays:
- National French Fry Day (July 13): Offer subscribers free fries with every online and in-store order above a given dollar amount.
- National Clean Beauty Day (July 15): Give subscribers a sneak peek into the benefits of your most popular clean beauty products, or educate them on the importance of clean beauty.
- World Emoji Day (July 17): Diversify your campaign messages by telling your brand’s story using only emojis—following up with a quick “translation” to grow brand awareness.
- Parents’ Day (July 24): Help subscribers celebrate their parental figures by sending a gift guide with recommendations for every interest.
- National Lipstick Day (July 29): Embrace this holiday by sharing an SMS-exclusive offer for makeup lovers to find their new favorite shade. If you offer virtual try-on, let subscribers know how easy it is to see how the shades will look on them.
- National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (August 4): Sweeten your subscribers’ day by offering them a free dessert with any purchase.
Looking for more inspiration for Prime Day and beyond? Explore our SMS gallery, Texts We Love, for hundreds of text messaging campaigns sent by our customers.
Written by attentive (Author: Marrisa Sanford)
Link to Original Blog: https://www.attentivemobile.com/blog/texts-we-love-amazon-prime-day-edition