1,400+ marketers joined us live in New York City and tuned in virtually for Thread 2022, our inaugural conference for conversational commerce.
Thread was an action-packed two day event. We discussed all things conversational commerce, and hosted over 20 breakout sessions and peer roundtables, with plenty of opportunities to network and learn from the brightest minds in marketing.
We shared our vision for the future of conversational commerce
Our Co-Founder & CEO Brian Long took center stage for our Thread keynote to discuss the state of messaging today, where we see the space going, and our blueprint for building toward that future.
We launched some big new products, features, and integrations
To achieve our vision for the future, we’re committed to building new products and features. We shipped a ton of updates and enhancements to our platform this year—all to help you maximize your business goals. Here’s a quick overview of what launched at Thread:
- LiveSMS™, real live chat, powered by SMS (and an extension of Attentive Concierge™).
- Text-to-Buy with Shop Pay, to convert browsers to buyers faster on mobile.
- Attentive Email, including our Magic Composer, to create multi-channel, multi-message campaigns directly within our platform.
- Enhanced compliance features, including Attentive Litigator Defender and Attentive Enhanced Audit Assistant, for even better protection against lawsuits.
- The Attentive Consumer Passport, to bring all of your customer data together in one place.
- 25 new best-in-class integrations, including Salesforce Commerce Cloud (currently in open beta), WooCommerce, Loop, and Friendbuy.
We learned from the inspiring marketers and entrepreneurs at brands we love
Many of our amazing customers joined us at Thread to share their brand stories and industry expertise:
- Luxury performance brand Athletic Propulsion Labs told us all about how they’re delivering luxury experiences with SMS.
- SPARC Group talked about why compliance was critical in their decision to move to Attentive for their portfolio of brands, which includes Aéropostale, Brooks Brothers, Forever 21, and Lucky Brand.
- Reformation shared the strategies they use to drive 963x ROI from text messaging, and brought us behind-the-scenes of their viral SMS campaign.
- We heard from a panel of marketing leaders at Patagonia, CB2, and SPANX about why it’s essential to stay curious and embrace innovation to prepare your business for the future.
- Executives from Mented Cosmetics, Boston Proper, and LIVELY took the main stage to discuss how they’re weaving conversational commerce into the customer relationship.
- We had breakout sessions led by customers (including Apotheke, Crocs, Goodr, Chicos, and Bath & Body Works), and our partners from Ometria and Simon Data, covering topics like retail trends, agile marketing strategies, loyalty and retention, using email and SMS together, and so much more.
- We brought together marketers for roundtable conversations to share learnings and advice on preparing for BFCM, global expansion, personalization, and everything in between. (And, of course, we took plenty of notes.)
We also hosted two fireside chats with industry luminaries:
Bobbi Brown, Makeup Artist and Founder of Jones Road Beauty
Brown talked about launching her iconic brand in 1991, and how she’s taking a unique approach to marketing, product development, and customer communications with her latest venture, Jones Road Beauty.
The beauty industry titan also discussed how having a digital business lets her personally connect with customers to educate them about makeup, saying, “I like to teach people how to do things, and I like to empower and inspire. The best way to do that is with a video, with an email, with SMS—you reach people where they are.”
Taraji P. Henson, Actress, Producer, Author, and Entrepreneur
Henson shared lessons she’s learned throughout her career—from her rise in Hollywood to starting her own hair care line, TPH by Taraji, to advocating for mental health and founding the Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation.
For Henson, pursuing new ideas is about finding the right entry point and filling a void for something that people need, advising fellow entrepreneurs, “If you have a dream—if you have something that you feel like the world is missing—go for it.”
Written by Attentive (Author: Keri McGhee)
Link to Original Blog: https://www.attentive.com/blog/conversational-commerce-customer-conference